How to hire the right HR Manager for your business
Hiring the correct HR manager is vital for a company and a number of factors need to be taken into consideration. HR news have compiled their list of vital qualities in a candidate for this important role, here’s a taster of some points mentioned.
Keep the Job Description Short and Simple
You want to attract the best pool of candidates available – so start by focusing the job description on the things that matter most. Here’s my suggested checklist:
- Cut unnecessary text and focus on what matters – this will reduce the amount of irrelevant CVs you receive.
- Consider the duties you will expect your HR Manager to undertake and at what level, and make sure the job description reflects this
- Highlight the important things, like experience, eligibility, contract, compensation etc.
- Stress that you are looking for someone with relevant experience, unless you are open to developing someone into the role.
- If you need specific skills in performance management, training in HR software or experience in automation or so on, you should highlight this.
- Explain why you are hiring and the benefits of working for your company
Getting the job description right will make the recruitment process more effective, ideally attracting a good pool of suitable candidates with relevant experience. Discouraging unsuitable applicants early on by being clear and specific saves time, energy and money.
For advice and guidance from a UK leading specialist in Employment law, HR and Health and Safety Services, please contact Free HR Support by calling us on 0843 509 4543.
For the full list of qualities your company needs to look for when hiring a HR manager, please follow this link to the HR News article.